i know it is tuesday, but yesterday was too crazy to post. i also wanted to get the pictures up to accompany the gifts i saw from God this past week. i have enjoyed looking for His blessings, and i know there were a lot more, but i had trouble recalling them as i wrote this. i think i am going to have to keep track daily on paper and then write the post on sunday :) maybe that will work! hope you all had a very blessed week and saw God working in all the big and little things in your lives.
11. early morning shows put on by our two oldest boys as they make tents and houses out of their bedding
12. giggles from a little girl as we play 'tickle me!' before bed
13. the desire of a 7 year old boy to help his 2.9 year old sister to play dress-up with princess clothes.
14. 3 children laughing and dancing uninhibited in the living room in tu-tus and poodle skirts
15. renters who are going to be vacating our home in colorado at the end of may...we might actually be able to stage it to sell it now
16. a husband who has been home while launching his business...his extra hands have been invaluable
17. a 7 year old son who has FINALLY conquered the mountain of staying dry at night!
18. a trip to IKEA to buy new bedding to celebrate #17
19. sweet kisses from an older brother
20. the joy of a little girl as she finally blows bubbles from a wand
21. a surprise visit from a childhood friend as they visited our town on business
22. beautiful desert blooms
23. a walk in a beautiful desert park and a picnic to follow a great week to be had by all!!
i am horrible at writing thank you notes. i struggle with small talk. i am a full time wife, full time mommy and a full time ER nurse. i am homeschooling our children, but am guilty because i cannot give it my all. i panic if my husband is late getting home and start to imagine the worst. i fear losing one of my children in a crowd, and so i avoid going out. i love the way our trees look when they are frosted with an early morning snow. i love my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. but you can't always tell that from the way i live. i am a work in progress.
aka, the husband, munchkin, dear, honey, hey you! we have been married for 11 years. we met while i was in the military and then i got out so they wouldn't send me to korea without him! love of my life. although i don't tell him nearly enough!! without him, i would be, well, alone and sad.
tic-tac is my oldest. an 8 year old little boy who has many talents but feels like things have to be perfect all the time. it is so hard to watch him struggle through failures. he loves to make symmetrical drawings and lego creations. he is fanatic about star wars...episode 6 is his favorite.
when did this little one become a young boy? he is now 6 and still as goofy as ever. he has a stubborn streak about 5 miles wide. but God is softening him. sometimes his heart leaks out as we watch him help his sister, or tickle his little brother. he would deny it faster than a monkey could peel a banana. because he wants to be the tough guy. the hero. he cries at sad endings, like Charlotte's Web and refuses to ever listen to them again. he brings me pictures of flowers when my voice seems to be at LOUD all day long and he know i am having a bad day. he hugs me fiercely if no one is around. and he sleeps with his Bible under his pillow... just in case he needs it.
no longer a baby, but still very much the princess, at years old she has as much energy as bonobo, but is way smarter than both boys put together. she will be able to calculate exactly how deep she can get into trouble before blaming it on her brothers! she has 1,001 looks already...most of them flirtatious! oh, she will contribute to my gray hairs. i wonder if i should take the cost of coloring my hair out of her allowance. when she is old enough for allowance, of course.
the moose is n.a.u.g.h.t.y very! and he giggles about it right after he looks at me to make sure i see what he is doing. he is into everything! including garbage and toilet bowls. he is also very quiet about getting into stuff, so i cannot turn my back on him for a second! everything is gated, locked or put out of reach. he still bubbles with laughter, unless he isn't getting what he wants. then he stands on one foot and stomps the other repeatedly while bugling at the top of his lungs. 7 teeth, table food and a love of breastmilk keep him going :) naps are secondary!